Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ADVANTAGES OF A GOOD NAME

A name is a tag. A tail which follows you everywhere. Apparently I am branded with a bad name. "Jacob" that is my tag. My christian parents took this name from Bible. In Bible, Jacob is a treacherous brother, who cheated his brother and take advantages of younger-son blessings from his father. Certain times I express that biblical Jacob's treacherous trait. Oftentimes my mother used to analyse my character with biblical Jacob. But god's grace this biblical Jacob was once blessed with the angels of Jehovah. I too.
But in my Indian-Kerala existance my name embit the image of a cyrian-christain Achayan.
In Kerala the common names are Ajayan-One who can't defeat, Sathyapalan-One who always vigil truth, Arun- other name for sun, Sundaran- The beautiful...and many other names Sreekumar, Anil, Sunil, manoj...etc. All these names had a vibrant youth feel. I miss this. Jacob- the very name throw me into the pit of a bad brand name- Achayan

No comments: