Tuesday, September 18, 2007

How to be a Baby Sitter

Iam not an experienced babysitter but a few weeks ago I had started this idle duty to my son. Normally i do read three or four trash magazines when i sit besides him. In West you can avail the service of professional babysitters. I had try to contact my service agencies to connect with a professional babysitter. No chance. So i armored with feeding bottle and brand new Snuggies and marched to the room like a solitary sentry to a cursed solitary post. The new born is sleeping like a Maharaja of Travancore attending with bunch of bountiful service men and women.I envied him for his naive sleep.At the middle of night he starts his daily routines ,blinking to the tubelights , regular exercise and starting nightlong crying. I try to pacify him by singing horrible lullabies. Rararo...Rararo...After these horrible nights i went to the office with black circled eyes. These the colleque guys told me that they usually heard Rararo...Rararo...from my cabin. Now I became a professional babysitter. Rararo....Rararo..Rararo.......................

5 comments:

Sunil Shiv Shankar said...

Travails of fatherhood. You will get used to it.

Sunil Shiv Shankar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
manaswini said...

hello
cant u make it a bit more positive.It lacks the enthusiasm of a 'newborn father'.

Meenakshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meenakshi said...

i agree with both Sunil and Ranjini...

Sunil speaks as if he has 100 years experience..lol

You can be more positive to your new role as a father..but i know the scene is not as rosy as it seems at least for the first 6 months...(now i know it 'cos i had my experience while my sister had a baby boy)..

it was a nerve wrecking experience,but still i loved every minute of it...

i even miss it now :(